For some, the statement of CBD being a category, not a product, might sound strange. It might be confusing. Here is what goes through my head...
To me, this sounds like: “I eat cereal every day” or “I drink wine every day” or “I drink a protein shake every day.” See, to me CBD is a category of products with a bunch of variations. My mind thinks about so many questions as a follow up to that statement.
- What type of CBD (e.g., isolate, broad spectrum, full spectrum)?
- How much is the dosage per serving (e.g., 10mg, 15mg, 20mg, 30mg)?
- How is it extracted (e.g., ethanol, CO2, proprietary)?
- Does it have terpenes included naturally or are they added back in?
- Does it have a flavoring system (by the way cotton candy, berry, watermelon, etc. are not natural flavors)?
- Is it a sublingual oil, a topical, a gummy, a soft gel, etc.?
- Is it “water-compatible” and if so, they what other ingredients are being used?
Think about wine as a category in a similar way.
- Why type of wine (e.g., Merlot, Cabernet, Chardonnay)?
- What year was it made?
- What region of the world is it from (e.g., Sonoma, Chile, France, Oregon, Italy)?
- How was it processed and aged?