Trees are essential to resiliant, sustainable ecosystems. At Vitalibis, we've alligned with One Tree Planted to help support their mission. Every $1 donated plants a tree. Here are the 6 pillars / benefits of reforestation.
Trees take in harmful pollutants and release clean oxygen for us to breathe.
Trees filter water, prevent floods, and maintain Earth's water cycles.
Forests provide habitat to many animals, birds, insects, fungi, moss, and plants.
Trees provide jobs and food security to many communities.
Trees and nature reduce stress, aid in recovery, and promote overall wellness.
Trees absorb carbon dioxide & other pollutants, helping to clean air and regulate climate.
Every tree matters. Through One Tree Planted's network of on-the-ground reforestation partners, they fund treeplantings in North America, South America, Asia, and Africa. Some trees are planted by volunteers, some are planted by professional treeplanters, it all depends on the scale and goal of the project.
Here are some astonishing facts to consider:
- Only 20% of our forests are properly protected
- 80,000 acres of forests disappear from Earth every day!
- 1 tree sequesters about 48 pounds of CO2 per year
- Tropical forest destruction accounts for about 20% of current greenhouse gas emissions
- Every 2 seconds man destroys an area of forest the size of a football field.